Fitness Support (Custodial)
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- 10.14 - 12.00 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Not Authorized
- Application Email:
For 'HOW TO APPLY' click here: http://www.navymwrkingsbay.com/naf-jobs
Position: Fitness Support (Custodial), NF-0189-02
Salary: $10.14 - $12.00 per hour, based on qualifications/experience
Employment Category: Regular Full Time, 35-40 hours per week, with benefits. Will require working evenings, weekends and holiday hours. PRIMARY SHIFTS WILL BE 2ND AND 3RD.
Location: Fitness Department with Morale, Welfare and Recreation aboard Naval Submarine Base, Kings Bay, GA
Area of Consideration: All Sources – Applicant does not have to have current SUBASE access. If selected for position, access will be granted upon a favorable background check.
Facility/Equipment Maintenance (includes but not limited to):
- Ensures facility is open and/or closed at the posted time.
- Monitors and checks the security of premises.
- Monitors activity within the facility, circulating among the patrons to assist with basic use of equipment/gear and to maintain good order and discipline.
- Assists in properly cleaning and maintaining equipment/facilities, maintains inventory, performs janitorial services to ensure interior spaces are in a clean, neat, and orderly state at all times (e.g., sweeping and mopping floors; dusting and cleaning workout areas, mirrors, bathrooms, and locker areas; straightening/cleaning equipment and accessories).
- Makes minor repairs to facilities and equipment when appropriate and assists with outdoor maintenance.
- Reports maintenance problems, material deficiencies, and unsafe conditions or discrepancies that cannot be repaired in-house to the supervisor.
Administrative Support (includes but not limited to):
- Provides customer service to patrons using the facility, to include: greeting customers; checking identification cards to ensure only authorized users are entering facility; issuing and receiving gear/equipment; and registering patrons for facility use, events, and/or classes.
Instructional Support (includes but not limited to):
- Establishes/reviews the schedule of events, conducts tours, sets-up/prepares gymnasiums/facilities/playing fields prior to scheduled start time for events (e.g., lap swim, lifeguard training, exercise programs, races, pool parties).
- Ensures adherence to regulations and safety procedures.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) policies, rules, and regulations involving the work area.
- Ability to competently and independently carry out day-to-day recreation operations.
- Knowledge of safe use and operation of fitness equipment, facility operations, and basic fitness equipment maintenance/repair.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Work includes extended hours of standing. Must have the ability to perform moderately strenuous physical labor, lifting objects weighing up to 45 pounds unassisted and heavier weight with assistance. The recreation activities overall involve everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of the recreation specialty. There will be periods of time when the employee participates in a specific activity (e.g. moving equipment, carrying aquatics equipment) that will require special safety precautions. Facilities may be subjected to varying conditions (e.g., variable weather conditions, variable temperatures, humidity).
Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain the following within 30 days of hire:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid Certification
Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain the following within 90 days of hire:
- Automated External Defibrillator Certification
- Blood-borne Pathogen Certification
- Navy Basic Fitness Certification
Basis of Review: Applicants will be evaluated based on experience and qualifications described above and presented in written format.