Free fitness on-demand sources in response to the COVID-19 pandemic shared from CNIC HQ N921
DoD Fitness PlatformThe DoD has multiple resources for individuals to maintain a level of fitness while preserving social distancing guidance. The below links provide free resources and workouts, using body weight or common household items.
- Navy Operational Fitness and Fueling System - https://www.navyfitness.org/fitness/noffs-training
- USMC High Intensity Tactical Training - https://www.fitness.marines.mil/workout-of-the-day/
- Human Performance Resources by CHAMP - https://www.hprc-online.org/physical-fitness/training-performance/homemade-fitness
- Military OneSource - https://www.militaryonesource.mil/confidential-help/specialty-consultations/health-wellness-coaching/take-command-of-your-well-being-with-a-health-and-wellness-coach?redirect=%2Fhealth-wellness%2Fhealthy-living%2Ffitness-nutrition-active-living
Commercial OrganizationsMedia outlets have identified multiple fitness organizations that are providing at-home services for free or for a trial period. The Navy does not endorse or support the identified commercial program opportunities:
Additional companies that have communicated with MWR Fitness for free at-home options include:
- Life Fitnes: https://lifefitness.digitalcoach.fitness/render/kiosk/zbbb6
- Les Mills: https://lesmills.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7b3cf304003231c68ea652600&id=4009b53314&e=12dfbae6d9
Prior to beginning any workout out it is recommended that patrons consult with their health care professional.
There’s something for everyone at the Kings Bay Fitness Complex. Whether you are an elite athlete or looking for a comfortable environment for getting back into shape, you will find everything you need to achieve your fitness goals right here. The Fitness Complex offers cardio and strength training equipment, free weights, group exercise classes and more.
Starting a new fitness program? Drop-in for a Fitness Orientation class. The Fitness Complex's friendly staff and expert trainers are dedicated to providing an exceptional experience that will take your fitness to the next level.
Join the 100 Mile Swim Club: Record your swim mileage after each workout and when you reach 100 miles swam then you will recieve a Kings Bay 100 Miles Swim Club t-shirt. Open all year round with no end date. Open to all to participate.
Kings Bay Power Club: Individuals must complete all three lifts in two hours or less for barbell bench press, barbell squat, and barbell deadlift. Males (cumulative weight of 1000lb) Females (cumulative weight of 700lb). Must lift raw (can use chalk, belt, wrist wraps and/or knee sleeves). Fitness instructors are required to spot individuals to qualify. All participants must check in with instructor before attempting Power Club. Individuals who reach the achieved goal will recieve a Kings Bay Power Club shirt. Must be 18+.
Group Exercise Classes
Bod Pod Body Composition Testing
Health Promotion and Wellness - This office offers educational material, classes and support for a variety of health initiative including subtance abuse.
Fitness Incentive Program
Family Fitness Room
Selectorized Circuit Room
High Intensity Weight Room
Group X Room
Racquetball & Tennis Courts
Indoor & Outdoor Basketball Courts
25-Meter Heated Pool
Annual & Semi-Annual Locker Rentals*
*Locker rental fees: Annual - $60 (military)/$72 (civilian) Semi-annual - $30 (military)/$36 (civilian). Locker fees subject to change.
Facility use is free for active duty, retirees, Reservists, authorized family members, and DoD employees. Civilian contractors and authorized guests are required to pay a fee* for use of the facility and must remain with their sponsor at all times. All patrons must show proper identification to enter the facility. *Facility Guest Fee (includes Group X classes and access to Aquatics Center): $5.00/person/day
Access to Workout/Activity Areas. Patrons must be 15 years or older to utilize workout/activity areas containing free weights and exercise equipment without supervision. Youth who are 10-14 years of age may utilize these areas with direct adult supervision. Ages under 10 are not permitted on the main weight floor, high intensity space, cardio or circuit training area. Youth, 15 years and older, may utilize the basketball, racquetball courts and multi-purpose courts without supervision. Youth 14 years old and younger may only utilize the basketball, racquetball courts and multi-purpose courts with adult supervision.(CNIC 1710.3).
Commit to Being Fit
"Recommendations for Adults:
Get at least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes per week of vigorous aerobic activity, or a combination of both, preferably spread throughout the week.
- Lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, dementia and Alzheimer’s, several types of cancer, and some complications of pregnancy
- Better sleep, including improvements in insomnia and obstructive sleep apnea
- Improved cognition, including memory, attention and processing speed
- Less weight gain, obesity and related chronic health conditions
- Better bone health and balance, with less risk of injury from falls
- Fewer symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Better quality of life and sense of overall well-being"