Trunk or Treat
Happy Spooktober! Join MWR as we Trunk-or-Treat our way through Spooktober's biggest event on October 20th from 3-6 pm (sponsored* by Navy Federal Credit Union (navyfederal.org), LEGOLAND (www.legoland.com/florida/buy-tickets/military/), Aetna (aetnafed.com/tricare) & USAA (usaa.com):
• Trunks will be located in the Anchor Lot (Fitness Complex parking lot) with additional activities in the surrounding areas.
• Trunk contest (you bring the trunk, MWR supplies the candy): Winners will be announced at 5:30 pm at the event (see below for details).
• Teal pumpkin items (allergy friendly, non-candy items) will be offered at each trunk.
• Exceptional Family Member designated parking and early event entry from 2:00-3:00 pm (contact Fleet & Family for registration details 912-573-4513).
• Games including Corn hole, Pin the Boo on the Ghost, and Pumpkin Bowling.
• Fall-themed photo opportunities.
• Costume Contest sponsored by USAA* (see below for details).
• Parking passes for designated lots will be available at the Tickets & Travel office starting October 1st. Parking passes are only required to utilize the reserved/labeled event parking lots. Passes are not required to attend Trunk or Treat.
• Hayrides, Hay Maze, Pumpkin Patch, and more festive fun!
• Bring your own treat bag and we'll see you there!
WE ARE FULL!
VISA gift cards for the top three trunks:
1st Place: $300
2nd Place: $200
3rd Place: $100
Our panel of judges will choose the top 10 trunks to be entered into a Facebook Poll vote @ facebook.com/mwrkingsbay. These 10 trunks will be marked at the event and photos of the trunks will be added to the poll. Voting will be open from 2-5:30 pm during the event. Winners will be announced and gift cards awarded at 5:30 pm. GOOD LUCK!
Thanks to USAA*, we are hosting a costume contest! Boy and Girl 1st Place winners in the below age groups, will each win a bicycle!
Ages 5 and under
Ages 12 and older
To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's name, age, gender, costume name, and contact phone number. Attach a photo of your child in his/her costume. Registration will close at 50 participants in each age group (25 boys/25 girls). Our judging panel will choose the top 10 finalists in each age group (5 boys/5 girls). The finalists will be asked to meet at the event at 4:45 pm for the final judging and costume parade at 5:00 pm. Bicycles will be awarded to the 1st place winners at the event.
*The Department of the Navy does not endorse any company, sponsor or their products or services.
This event is located on board Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay and requires base access. Sponsored guests may attend with an authorized patron and must remain with their sponsor at all times while aboard NSB.